Kitchen Remodel: Countertops

After our cabinets were installed, we ended up having to wait a MONTH before our countertops could be installed. Let's just say we ate lots of gyros from Saba's. When we purchased our cabinets at Ikea, they were running a promotion for 40% off countertops (with cabinet purchase). Score! We chose Silestone Quartz in Blanco Maple - white with gray glass flecks - with a contemporary "eased and polished" edge. We picked this product because Silestone has antimicrobial protection, which prevents bacteria from building up as it does in other porous stone materials. And quartz is resistant to acids and is extremely hard. In fact, it's the toughest interior surface available, resisting scratches, staining and scorching. Which I'm sure will be helpful when we have kiddos in the future! Here they are templeting our countertops...


Putting in the wood backer...


The first slab goes in...

And the final product!


Please excuse all the stuff on the counters and the lack of styling. This is real life at the Ellerbroek house! We bought our farmhouse sink at Ikea for only $199! Most similar farmhouse sinks start around $800-$1,000 and go up from there. So we were thrilled to find this deal! Apparently Ikea discontinued this sink about a week after we bought ours. Good timing!

There's still more to come! Our gorgeous tile backsplash (my favorite project in our house to date!), new appliances, and our fun breakfast nook!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jenny Bishop  – (February 5, 2011 at 12:05 PM)  

This looks AMAZING!! LOVE the countertops and how everything came together!! And LOVE that you got the farmhouse sink!!! Oh how I wish I had that in my kitchen! Beautiful job on the remodel!! And definitely a great design call on taking out the soffit!! :)

MasterShake13  – (September 14, 2011 at 7:03 AM)  

I LOVE this!! The black and white is so timeless and classy, yet modern and contemporary. It’s always been my dream to buy a house that needs LOTS of work, and do everything myself – I mean, gut the thing from shingles to floorboards, and really make it my own. Well, I’m finally ready to buy my first fixer-upper, so I’m gathering ideas for my first Northern Virginia remodeling project! Now where to start – kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, living area, dining room…*sigh! It’s so hard to decide. Thanks for the ideas! I’m so excited to get started!! :D

Post a Comment


About This Blog

Two newlywed's adventures in home renovations, traveling and experiencing life together.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP