Subway Tile with a Twist

Hey all! Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I still haven't found my camera computer cord, so I haven't had any photos to share with you. I know, I really just need to go out and buy a new cord this weekend. I'm really doing it Harry. Speaking of really doing it, our kitchen remodel has started!!! Our existing counter tops and cabinets were taken out this week (and sold on Craigslist). We also had a soffit in our kitchen removed so we could put in 42" upper cabinets. I'll show pics soon. Promise.

So, when deciding on the finishes for our kitchen, I really wanted white subway tile because I like how it's both classic and contemporary. It's timeless. Our house is really a blend of old and new, and I wanted the kitchen to continue that. But I also like the unexpected, something a little unique. So when I saw these photos of subway tile laid in a herringbone pattern, I fell in love!





Can't wait to do this in my own kitchen!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

nealy  – (December 5, 2010 at 11:34 AM)  

Okay, we must think alike...I love that too! We did a little herringbone pattern behind our stove...it was complicated but fun to put up! It doesn't show too much b/c our current stove sticks up over most of it, but are hoping to replace that. Funny!

Sharstin  – (December 5, 2010 at 7:42 PM)  

oh so GoRgeous! i have had the subway tiles in my casa--and love the look--but this pattern is even better~

Nick Raymon  – (December 9, 2010 at 3:32 AM)  

Its too beautiful.. The tiles surfacing luking too cool..
Floor Resurfacing Toronto

marufhosen  – (March 19, 2013 at 6:36 PM)  

GORGEOUS!!! Looks like you got all new cabinets! I love ALL the details, but especially the back splash and the counters! GREAT job!!!
subway tile

Post a Comment


About This Blog

Two newlywed's adventures in home renovations, traveling and experiencing life together.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP